Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I refer myself?: Yes. You must have a biopsy proven skin cancer. Please fax us your pathology report and we will review it and direct you accordingly.
2. Do you treat more than one skin cancer at a time: Yes. We routinely treat multiple skin cancers on the same day. In addition, after discussing what the patient would prefer as far as a repair or letting the wounds heal naturally, we also will stitch the surgery sites on the same day.
3. Do you see regular dermatology patients: No. Our practice is limited to the treatment of skin cancer with Mohs surgery.
4. How long does it take to get an appointment: Since we are focused on treating skin cancers, we understand how difficult and frustrating it is to wait for an appointment when you need surgery. We work very hard to keep our wait times as short as possible. Usually, we can schedule patients within 1 to 2 weeks.
5. Which insurance plans do you accept: We are providers for most health plans in the state of Arizona. If you happen to be one of the few people on a health plans we are not a provider for, we will do our best to work with you and your insurance plan to obtain authorization to treat you.
6. A question frequently thought but not asked: How do I find out more information about you so I can decide whether I feel comfortable coming to your office. Finding accurate, objective, and fair information on any doctor is difficult. We suggest you ask your family doctor, other health care providers, and friends. We are always surprised at how often patients tell us that one of their other doctors knows us or they have a friend we have treated in the past. It’s old fashioned and not high tech, but asking around seems to work well for a lot of our patients.